Life with a smartphone has become commonplace—so much so that now more than two-thirds of business travelers carry one, according to a study titled, “Tap into Mobile: Managed Travel in the Digital Economy,” recently published by Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT). As such, meeting planners need to stay on top of current tech trends to keep up with their savvy on-the-go attendees. Here are six of the best event management apps that will enhance the meeting experience and make meeting planners look like super heroes.
- Super Planner: The app designed specifically for meeting planners delivers Batmobile-equivalent tools to their fingertips. While it offers industry tips and trends, it’s most helpful in measuring an event’s needs. For instance, it allows meeting planners to easily calculate capacity in a variety of seating configurations, as well as helps with F&B counts and the number of event staff members required.
- SnappyTV: At the Green Meeting Industry Council’s Sustainable Meetings Conference in San Francisco in April, event organizers were getting snappy—and not in a negative way. The SnappyTV app allowed event staff to cut video out of a live broadcast and share it on social media. While the conference’s online audience had access to live video, those following the conference on Twitter or Facebook were also able to watch clips from major speakers.
- WhatsApp: Event organizers that plan internationally no longer have to worry about how much it will cost to text attendees or event staff members with the help of WhatsApp. The free app offers unlimited texting to other WhatsApp users for free from anywhere in the world using a Wi-Fi connection. Its group chat option makes it perfect for event staff.
- Like a Local: This app carves out a path beyond the sticky tourist traps that can ruin a well-intended excursion. Local editors give recommendations on the “bests” of your destination to keep it fun and real.
- Viber: Similar to WhatsApp, Viber offers both unlimited texting and phone calls to other Viber users using a Wi-Fi connection. The free app can be used anywhere in the world. Another version called Viber Out, allows users to make phone calls from Viber to non-Viber users at low rates.
- CWT to Go: CWT created a corporate travel app, especially helpful for meeting planners that have to manage travel for attendees. It offers itinerary management, flight status updates and mobile check-in. Later this year, hotel booking will also be added to the mix.