Nashville’s hotel scene is sizzling, with most of the major brands in the game and dozens of properties either just opening or under construction. Here are 5 highlights for meeting groups:
1. The developer behind Miami’s iconic Fountainebleau and legendary Turnberry Isle Resort, Turnberry Associates, is building a 35-story, 532-room JW Marriott Nashville hotel on the corner of Eighth Avenue and Demonbreun Street, right across from the Music City Center. The hotel will include 50,000 sf of meeting space and be the tallest building in the city when it is completed in 2017.
2. The new lifestyle hotel brand by billionaire British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson will make Nashville the site of its third property, the Virgin Hotel Nashville, on Music Row. It will include 240 rooms; The Common Club, a hybrid bar/lounge; an entertainment venue; and a rooftop pool. There will be 14,000 sf of meeting space for events. Completion is expected next fall.
3. Boutique brand Kimpton, which was acquired by IHG, will come to Midtown Nashville in 2017. The 180-room hotel will anchor a $100 million 17-story mixed-used development called Buckingham, designed to LEED specifications. There will be 6,500 sf of meeting and event space.
4. 21c Museum Hotels was founded by contemporary art collectors and entrepreneurs Laura Lee Brown and Steven Wilson to bring works of art to the public at its properties. The 115-room Nashville hotel will be located in the 222 Building, an 1890s era building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It will open in January 2017.
5. Located in a neighborhood known as “The Gulch,” the 224-room lifestyle luxury Thompson Nashville will open in July of 2016. The 12-story hotel will include a rooftop bar and a venue that can be used as a private event space.