Meeting planners looking to offer attendees the creme de la creme of amenities will be interested in the new partnership between Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Automobili Lamborghini. Attendees staying at Waldorf Astoria will be able to sit behind the wheel of the famous Italian sports car and test drive it through some of the most scenic routes in the world.
Officially launched in 2014, the Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences program will offer attendees the opportunity to drive Lamborghini’s latest models—the new Lamborghini Huracán LP 580-2 and Huracán LP 610-4 Spyder—at seven distinct Waldorf Astoria properties across the globe this year. Attendees staying at each participating property will get to drive customized routes that highlight the destination’s best attractions and landmarks. Each participating property will also offer 30-minute sessions led by Lamborghini’s professional driving instructors.
The driving experiences will coincide with key events in the dedicated destinations, starting with Waldorf Astoria Park City, Utah earlier this month during the 12th Annual Park City Food & Wine Classic. Additional experiences will happen later this year at these six Waldorf Astoria properties:
- Sept. 8-11: Waldorf Astoria New York – During the US Open
- Oct. 7-9: Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel – During the Paris Motor Show
- Nov. 3-7: Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort – During the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Nov. 10-19: Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah – During the Dubai Motor Festival
- Nov. 20-22: Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah – During Martyrs’ Day and the UAE’s National Day
Waldorf Astoria will even offer attendees the opportunity to virtually test drive the cars on different routes using Gear VR Oculus googles in which the 3-D video simulation will take attendees on a driving tour of Paris. The videos are even accessible on Waldorf Astoria’s Facebook page for those who want to experience the test drive from their own VR headset.