LED lighting continues to improve and is an affordable, flexible and portable way to light an event that is sometimes overlooked. Here are five reasons to use LED lighting at your next event, attracting attendees in the same way New York’s Times Square or the Vegas Strip grabs the attention of visitors.
- Dimmability: LEDs have the ability to be dimmed, giving meeting planners ultimate control over light, color and distribution during any part of an event. LED illumination systems can achieve a variety of lighting effects that not only helps with ambiance, but can also have a positive effect on the mood of attendees.
- Light Disbursement: LED lighting can be directed to a specific location without the use of an external reflector, which is beneficial when shining light on a speaker or presenter at an event—even simply shining light on food, the dance floor or other areas that need focus.
- Color: LEDs come in a variety of colors, and oftentimes, even just one fixture can display multiple colors. Newer filters can also create a warmer look similar to an incandescent light.
- Eco-Friendly: LED lights contain no toxic materials and are 100% recyclable. In fact, LEDs use an estimated 75% less energy and last 25 times longer than incandescent lighting, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Ease of Placement: Battery-powered LED lighting can be placed anywhere in an event space, allowing meeting planners to play with the light and create the exact ambiance they want. Plus, the lack of wires helps reduce the risks of attendees tripping or the need to plug in a light in a certain location.