With 40 properties, Benchmark Hospitality is in a position to take the pulse of the meeting planning industry based on the ever-evolving requests of its clients. Here are 5 that have been popular in recent months:
1. Meeting Pops-Ups. Requests are up for pop-up meeting rooms that can be assembled or moved at a moment’s notice, used for small, last-minute gatherings or just as a place to hang out in between sessions.
2. Teambuilding. Suddenly there is room in meeting budgets once again for creative teambuilding, and properties are partnering with professional teambuilding companies to design programs such as “Escape from the Office” and “Chef’s Challenge” for their events.
3. Flexible CMPs. The CMP where one size fits all has evolved into meeting packages individually created to meet groups’ specific needs. The wild card with crafting customized packages is often F&B, with planners looking to experience the culinary highlights of the destination by partnering with local restaurants and culinary suppliers, such artisanal purveyors, whiskey distilleries or craft breweries.
4. Wellness Elements. There’s an increased focusing on the whole person—the mind, body and spirit. Attendees want to immerse themselves in the destinations they are visiting. Planners are providing mind-clearing moments of Zen with the aid of spa & wellness professionals, and a focus on mindfulness utilizing specially created meditation alcoves and tranquil outdoor settings.
5. Gluten-free Options. The top dietary request among is for gluten-free options, followed by vegan meals and low-calorie diets. Conferees hitting the fitness center every day are interested in healthful living at home and on the road, and are and mindful of what they put in their bodies like never before.