The Americas Incentive, Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition (AIBTM) swings into Orlando for the first time this week, bringing together hosted buyers and industry suppliers, exhibitors and professionals from around the world. As of last year, AIBTM now shifts between Chicago and Orlando on a rotating basis.
“We are thrilled that Orlando will be hosting AIBTM 2014,” says Michael Lyons, exhibition director of AIBTM. “Working closely with the team at Visit Orlando, we are introducing a number of exciting new features and networking events that will please all attendees. Coupled with show floor enhancements and CEU-accredited education sessions, we believe the AIBTM experience in Orlando will be a can’t miss experience.”
Michael Hoffman, president of Igniting Performance, kicks off the event with his keynote speech: “Being #1… On Purpose! Igniting a Culture of Success and Mastering the Tornado!” Hoffman will highlight tactics and techniques for high performance communication and collaboration.
We’re especially looking forward to the Meetings Mean Business Coalition discussion Wednesday about all of the new initiatives the organization has rolled out this year. The Coalition is a broad industry-based collection of big name suppliers, buyers and vendors who are collectively working to prove and promote the ROI of face-to-face meetings. See our overview story about the MMBC here and interview with MMBC co-chair Larry Luteran at Hilton here.
On Tuesday, the 1-hour session—Future of Meetings: Talking ‘Bout Our Generations—should provide much needed insight about multi-generational Meeting Design based on the latest MPI research. Using a combination of storytelling, group discussion, research findings and creative thinking, participants will learn new ways to collaborate with attendees of all age demographics.
The Innovation Zone is back by popular demand, showcasing the latest technology in the meetings and events industry. Just some of the sessions include:
- Innovation Spotlight Stage: Brought to you by etouches, the Innovation Spotlight Stage will showcase dozens of dynamic sessions on a wide range of topics such as social media for events, content marketing, event websites, mobile apps, and crowdsourcing, among others.
- TechCollective: A pod-based exhibition area designed to allow companies to conduct live demonstrations of their technology products.
- EnergyXChange: An area where exhibitors and buyers can have quick meetings or catch up on email. Device charging and computer stations will be available.
- TechBar: An approachable, interactive spot staffed by experts at The Meeting Pool who are on hand to answer any questions related to your meetings and events technology.
- Genius Hub: Featuring GenieConnect as the mobile app genius.
- Top 10 Innovations: AIBTM and The Meeting Pool will present the top 10 innovations at AIBTM 2014.
These types of innovative programming are driving a lot of pre-show buzz around the event, such as:
“By participating in AIBTM for the first time, our objective is to familiarize ourselves with the United States’ meetings and events industry and also present Hamburg as a quality location for conventions and events within Germany,” Thorsten Kausch, CEO of the Hamburg Convention Bureau. “Beyond this, we would also like to take this opportunity to establish contacts with international event organizers who are planning to bring international congresses and events to the city of Hamburg.”
We were just exploring Hamburg earlier this month, so stay tuned for upcoming insight about the phenomenal HafenCity district on the waterfront, which is the largest urban redevelopment project in Europe right now.
If you’re joining us at AIBTM, make sure you stop by The Refresh Zone hosted by Allied PRA. The Refresh Zone is an area where suplliers and buyers can relax, recharge and rejuvenate in between all of their appointments. Stop in for a cold drink and taste some of Orlando’s best chefs. And then stop by say hi to the Prevue crew. We’ll be at booth #2357.
Here’s some data from last year…