By fifth year in a row, Centro Banamex was selected in the prestigious group of the 10 most important Conventions & Exhibition Centers in the country. This designation was from the result of a survey between February and March, made it by the specialized magazine MDC – THE MEETING PLANNER’S MAGAZINE.
According to the publisher of the magazine, Orange Editorial Group, one of the most prestigious in the industry, the selection of Centro Banamex in the select group of “Top 10 Mexico Centers Convention & Exhibition 2012”, was obtained based on the opinion of an expert panel, consisting of entrepreneurs, senior executives and leading decision makers in the organization of events, meetings, conventions, conferences, seminars, fairs, exhibitions, incentive travel, business and pleasure.
It was also strengthened this nomination, considering the opinion of more 8.000 subscribers and about 24,000 readers who were sent a survey.
The survey was applied to card members of the American Express Corporate Meeting Card, meeting planners and travel managers of national and international professional organizers of conventions and conferences (PCO’s) of Fairs and Exhibitions (B2B and B2C), presidents of associations and chambers, government, travel agencies specialized destination management companies (DMC’s), specialized service providers, among others.
The survey sent to specialists focused on three themes: infrastructure and its maintenance, quality and service in the area of food and beverages and performance, experience and level of staff attention. Specifically the following points were scored by category:
Convention and Exhibition Centre and facilities:
1. Number of Rooms for Conventions
2. Number of exhibition Halls
3. Physical Conditions in Rooms and Halls
4. Capacity in Rooms and Halls
5. Physical condition of furniture in Rooms and Halls
6. Business Center
7. Spaces in public areas for events
8. Physical Conditions at public areas
9. General Maintenance
10. Facilities with disables persons
11. Loading and unloading areas
12. Areas for bus passengers
14. Services (Telephone, Internet, audiovisuals, electricity, computer equipment, water and drainage, machinery, medical services, cleaning, security, etc.).
15. Promotional areas for events
16. Parking lot capacity
Food & Drink
– Capacity in kitchen for clients
– Banquet Service
– Food quality and presentation
– Price at A&B versus quality
– Physical state of the plated
Staff Convention and Exhibition Centre
– Service of sales staff
– Service staff groups, conventions and exhibitions
– Service in captains and waiters