The Conservatorium hotel, located in Amsterdam’s museum district, launched a new collection of group experiences to introduce attendees to the local scene. The teambuilding opportunities range from sake workshops to yoga sessions and are available for up to 100 attendees. A former bank and music conservatory, the hotel’s history can also be intertwined into these six experiences:
- Zen or Burn: Combine a sense of zen and history in a yoga session at or near the hotel, led by one of the onsite Akasha Spa’s personal trainers or yoga specialists.
- Oenology: Get a sense of the local wine scene with sake- or wine-tasting workshops, led by resident sommelier and sake specialist, Alvaro Steenbergen.
- Cosmetology: Learn about local makeup products in the makeup master classes and workshops, led by Dutch Skins Cosmetics makeup specialists.
- Gin Escape: Create the quintessential gin & tonic in this workshop, led by one of the bartenders at the hotel’s Tunes Bar, which features more than 40 kinds of gins and more than six kinds of tonics.
- Perfumery: Blind-test different fragrances in this perfume workshop, led by a senior perfume expert from Skins Cosmetics.
- A Cuban Moment: Take a cigar and rum break in the Tunes Bar, featuring a selection of rums and cigars from La Casa Del Habano.
All of the experiences can be customized to meet the needs of the group, especially if meeting planners want attendees to get the most of their down time in between meeting in one of the hotel’s six meeting and event rooms.