International Association of Conference Centres’ members take meetings seriously, with features such as ergonomic seating, non-reflective writing surfaces and 24-hour meeting room access. But that doesn’t mean that meeting at a dedicated conference center has to be…dull. Here are 5 facts you might not know about IACC centers:
1. They’re Green. IACC requires members to subscribe to its 2015 Green Star Certification Program, a group of environmentally responsible practices with the goal of reducing the carbon footprint and environmental impact of meetings.
2. They’re Gourmet. No boring buffets here. Each year, IACC stages a Annual Copper Skillet Global Chef competition to highlight the artistry and skills of IACC-member conference center chefs from around the world.
3. They’re in Exciting Places. From London to Vancouver to Victoria, Australia, IACC has 400 members in 21 countries in the Americas, Europe and Australasia.
4. They’re Creative. The university conference centers, such as the Babson Executive Conference Center in Wellesley, Mass., have relationships with academia that planners can tap for speakers or their education programs.
5. They’re Innovative. At the IACC Americas Annual Conference last year, Kapellerput Conference Centre in The Netherlands presented a case study on its tree house meeting room concept and Swedish member Sigtunahojden Conference Centre shared its experience literally and figuratively breaking down the barriers of the reception desk that traditionally stands between staff and customer.